A Manufacturing Grant for Great Ideas
Brilliant ideas for new products emerge every day, but far too many promising napkin sketches end up in waste baskets because product development resources are scarce. The Proto Labs Cool Idea! Award was created to help turn those inspiring concepts into real-life products.
Each year, the program awards an aggregate of up to £150,000 in Proto Labs manufacturing services to innovative thinkers who can use their grant towards building prototype or even an initial production run.
How to Apply
The application process is easy:
- Fill out an initial application—it’s three short questions. Apply here.
- Judges will select finalists based on the initial application.
- Finalists will submit more product details, including a 3D CAD model of their part.
- Judges will review the finalists and select a winner.
There are four application periods throughout the year:
- January 1, 2017 – February 28, 2017
- April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017
- July 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017
- October 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017
If selected for a Cool Idea! Award, you must use the services within 90 days and should be at a stage in your project that allows you to begin executing immediately.