Customer Supplied Resin Information
Proto Labs stocks a wide variety of thermoplastic resins for your convenience. However, we realise sometimes you need a special resin that we don’t stock. In these cases, we can often mould parts using a resin you supply. Here’s how it works:
1. Our Customer Service Engineers (CSE’s) will need to review your design to determine if we can mould with your resin. They are happy to discuss this with you on +44 (0) 1952 683047.
2. If our CSE determines that we can mould with your resin, you will need to provide us with the following information:
a. The trade name and grade of the resin, including any trailing colourant code.
b. An MSDS and a technical data sheet for your resin. These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference your quote number.
3. Proto Labs never runs regrind resin. Virgin resin is required.
4. Resin should be shipped to Halesfield 8, Telford, TF7 4QN, England, and the box should be labelled with our material identification number, which will be supplied to you by Proto Labs Customer Service.
5. If you select an expedited delivery for your parts, we immediately begin working on the tool and reserving production capacity for your project. In order to meet your delivery requirements, you will need to ship your resin to us in a timely manner. If we don’t receive your resin in time to mould the parts and meet the shipment date, you are still responsible for any delivery premium.
6. Injection Moulding is an art and a science and controlling the process variables to make good plastic parts is challenging. As a result, it is difficult to determine exactly how much resin will be required to make your parts. Consequently, you take on the risk and responsibility of supplying a sufficient quantity of resin to cover any unforeseen processing issues that may occur when manufacturing your parts.
7. See our terms and conditions for specifics.