Protolabs Q&A: 3D Printing
Your masterclass in product design and development
Our Insight podcast series is aimed to help you design better parts for digital manufacturing.
We will regularly share with you podcasts packed with useful tips that will hopefully save you some time and money, from Q&A sessions to design tips.
- Are Protolabs able to give guidance on fatigue properties of metal materials?
- Do you need to perform any post-build operations in order to make the walls gas tight?
- Do you use any form of in-situ inspection to monitor build property during the build or only inspect after this is completed?
- Does morphology of the metal powder effect the build?
- How do you comprise between part strength and internal stresses?
- How well does DMLS deal with print in place parts?
- What systems are used to check density control between parts printed in the same batch?
- Why do overhangs not print on DMLS?
- Does Protolabs offer materials with flammability approvals?
- Is stress relieving a standard part of the process or must you explicitly request it?
- How does build orientation get decided?
- How is Protolabs set up to cope with the high demand of COVID19 parts?