Protolabs Q&A: Injection Moulding
Your masterclass in product design and development
Our Insight podcast series is aimed to help you design better parts for digital manufacturing.
We will regularly share with you podcasts packed with useful tips that will hopefully save you some time and money, from Q&A sessions to design tips.
In this on-demand episode we answer your questions on Injection Moulding with Marco Tonnarelli, an Application Engineer at Protolabs. See below for a list of questions answered in this session:
- Do you offer 2K moulding solutions?
- If the priority is external face and it has no draft, is there a solution for this?
- With glass filled parts where the cosmetic element is vital, how do you recommend getting a good finish?
- Weld lines, any advice? How do I avoid them?
- Do you have design guides for self-mating parts? You can access the white paper referred to here.
- What inspection services do you offer for Injection Moulded parts?
- Can you give examples of the metal on methods you use and the drawbacks of each?
- Do you have any special advice for the design of symmetrical parts, for example, for a part in an aircraft drone?
- What tolerance can you typically hold?
- Your tolerances are too large for my application, can you reduce them?
- Why would I use an aluminium tool? Does it not break or wear more than steel?
Injection moulding costs – cutting them without cutting cornersWatch Video
Conquering Complexities: Mould-Making Techniques Make Complicated Features PossibleRead Design Tip
Designing for Mouldability: Fundamental ElementsRead White Paper