Protolabs Q&A: Liquid Silicone Rubber
Your masterclass in product design and development
Our Insight podcast series is aimed to help you design better parts for digital manufacturing.
We will regularly share with you podcasts packed with useful tips that will hopefully save you some time and money, from Q&A sessions to design tips.
- What is LSR?
- What industries is this application used for?
- What are the similarities between LSR and standard Injection Moulding?
- What is the maximum part size for LSR?
- What kind of finish can I expect from a LSR part?
- Would I need to consider draft?
- Should I anticipate sink with LSR?
- Is the part ejected using pins?
- Can I produce parts with undercuts and is there anything I need to consider here?
- What types of LSR do Protolabs offer?
- In optical LSR, is there any discolouration?
- Can you mould parts in different colours?
- Why am I not able to supply you with a different grade of silicone to mould my parts in?