Protolabs Q&A: Secondary Services
Your masterclass in product design and development
Our Insight podcast series is aimed to help you design better parts for digital manufacturing.
We will regularly share with you podcasts packed with useful tips that will hopefully save you some time and money, from Q&A sessions to design tips.
In this episode we answer your questions on post-processes performed on your parts after manufacture, or what we call Secondary Services. Samuel Guest, a Special Operations Project Engineer at Protolabs answering your questions on the following:
- What is “secondary services”?
- Is the need for measurement increasing in the future of manufacturing?
- Is there any specific technology you would recommend?
- Would any of the secondary services available be suitable for bead blasting?
- Are all the secondary services available in the UK?
- Is pad printing a cost effective method for prototype parts?
- What is the best way to get a company logo onto parts?
- What to do if I have a surface finish different to what I can select on your quote?
- Why can I not get a benchmark cost?
- Why are secondary services not included as standard?
- I have a request for a service not shown on your website, is this possible?
- How does secondary services tie in with the Protolabs digital manufacturing model?
- What secondary services are currently available?
- How do I get a quote for a secondary service?
- What are the benefits of letting Protolabs complete secondary services?
- Are the secondary services as fast as the Protolabs standard offering?
- Why weren’t secondary services available earlier? Can I add secondary services to parts I’ve already ordered with Protolabs?