Looking for a reliable, quick-turn supplier of machined plastic and metal components? With hundreds of CNC machines, our unmatched in-house capacity ensures your parts are shipped on-time, every single time. At Protolabs, our CNC machining facilities are designed for both rapid prototyping and low-volume production of end-use components.
For even more control over the delivery and cost of your machined parts, our CNC Flexible Lead Time option reduces costs and guarantees shipping with an extended lead time of between 6 and 12 days.
Why use Protolabs’ unique CNC machining provision:
- Instant access to limitless in-house CNC machining capacity
- Reliability and quality, all delivered in as little as in 1 day
- More than 30 stocked plastic and metal materials
- Machinery and processes optimised for complex parts
- Free automated and personal design feedback on manufacturability
- Pricing variations to suit different urgency requirements
- Ideal for prototypes and low volume production (1 to 40+)
CNC Machining Processes
CNC milling is a subtractive manufacturing process that uses 3-axis milling and 5-axis indexed milling processes to rapidly cut solid plastic and metal blocks into final parts.
"We primarily use Protolabs to test new ideas...as we consider a potential design improvement, we want the ability to create parts and see how they perform as quickly as possible.”