We have two injection moulding service options—prototyping and on-demand manufacturing—and each offers its own benefits depending on your project needs. If part quantities are higher, an affordable piece-part price is important, and quick-turn production throughout your product life cycle is critical, our on-demand manufacturing option is ideal.
On-demand Manufacturing Tool for Moulding
|MOULD PRICE||Higher than prototyping tool|
|PART PRICE||Lower than prototyping tool|
|MOULD CAVITIES||Single and multi-cavity|
|GUARANTEED MOULD LIFE||Unlimited|
|MOULD STORAGE||Stored for 3 years of inactivity|
|QUALITY DOCUMENTATION||Moulding process development report and basic inspection reports included; enhanced inspection reports available upon request|
Why Use an On-demand Manufacturing Tool?
Protolabs on-demand manufacturing service helps you simplify your supply chain so you can get quality parts easier and faster. Using industry best practices like scientific moulding, we accelerate manufacturing cycles to reduce your time to market. We meet your inventory needs with no minimum order quantities, and offer supply chain flexibility ranging from bridge tooling and just-in-time (JIT) production to line-down emergency coverage.
- Validate part design, assembly processes, and market demand with pilot runs prior to mass production.
- Manage inventory overhead with production of parts only when demand dictates.
- Use as the primary production method for products with annual sales volumes of a few thousand units.
- Implement cost-effective aluminium tooling before committing to a capital expense with steel tooling.
- Minimise the “cost of waiting” for a steel tool—and get to market quicker.
Optimising Supply Chain
- Minimise down time and reduce the risk of stock-outs when large-scale production tools are being repaired.
- Mitigate the risk of domestic and global shipping delays by having a reliable, on-demand supplier of low-volume parts.
- Manage increases in demand volatility without going on back-order.
Reduce Production Costs
- Unlock new market opportunities with cost-effective production of low-volume, end-use parts
- Procure parts on demand, without any Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) requirements
- Lower inventory costs and warehousing expenses with on-demand sourcing.