Benefits of Chromate Conversion
Helps prevent corrosion
Retains conductive properties of aluminium.
Good basis for paint
Chromate Conversion coating is a type of conversion coating used to passivate aluminium alloys.
It is primarily used as a corrosion inhibitor, primer, decorative finish, or to retain electrical conductivity
- Iridite NCP - is an environmentally safe, chrome-free passivation treatment designed specifically for aluminium alloys. It applies a highly corrosion-resistant conversion coating ideally suited to be painted or left as a stand-alone corrosion resistant barrier
- Surtec 650 - is a hexavalent chromium free passivation for aluminium, suitable for alloyed and casted aluminium. It is also used as a pretreatment before lacquering, powder coating and gluing. Electrically it has a low contact resistance and good electrical conductivity.
- Flexible solution across multiple geometries
- Single source partner to get finished parts shipped in days
- Typical lead times of 5+ business days
- Iridite NCP
- Surtec 650
- Aluminium 6082, 7075 and 2024
Note: We are continuously expanding our capabilities. If you have specific questions around these capabilities, please contact your account representative at 01952 683522
Request More Information about our Secondary Operations service
Thank you for requesting more information about our Complex Mould Tooling service. A member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.